Welcome

Thanks for stopping by, my name is Heidi Longfellow. I am the photographer behind Rmrz Photography. I love capturing those special moments in life and turning them into art. I would love to capture yours... Contact me at heidi@rmrzphotography.com

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Going in a new direction...

So I've been thinking about a photo shoot like this for quite awhile. I was actually waiting for some good weather, but the opportunity presented itself early, so I went for it! I'm so glad I did! I've been feeling like something was missing in my photography, but I couldn't quite pin it down. I would go back and look at some older photos, and I was not happy with them. I was not happy doing what I love, and that was a problem!

{INTERVENTION}

I have almost gone totally away from using actions...At first they were fine, and I think they have actually helped me learn a lot about processing. On the other hand, they were limiting my creativity, I'd push a button, and get the same look in every photo...Boring! I've been spending a lot of time working on my own work flow, and finding my own photoshop techniques that I was happy with. I've finally found that I need to create a photo that I love, and not what I think someone else will love. If someone doesn't like it, that's ok with me, there are plenty of other photographers out there to choose from. I love where life is taking me right now and I couldn't be happier with my choice to move on to bigger and better {looking} things!


A Part 2 to come at a later time, otherwise you'd be reading for hours! ha ha. With out further ado... some pics...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





4 comments:

  1. So glad I could be a part of your new direction!! I love them!! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Heidi these pictures are amazing!! Casey looks so pretty and you have mad skills!! I love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME pictures!!! LOVE them, and you are absolutely fantastic!! Also, very inspiring. I need to find what makes ME happy with this. Thank you for inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Change, The Variety of your Boldness makes the photo more than just a photo, but Art.

    Trenton Heckman

    ReplyDelete

Followers